Blog Archive

Monday, December 12, 2011

Blogging Break

I am really sucking at this whole blogging thing sometimes.  I am currently busy with my job at Williams-Sonoma until about Christmas Eve, so I doubt that I will be able to work on my Mod Cloth Rip Off series until Christmas Day, when everything slows down.  I've been getting orders for knitwear (my viking hats) and I have 2 new ones to make.  I did 3 recently


I modeled this one because I didn't get the customer shot.

Oddly sans beard - it's tucked up into the hat.
and I'm so happy that it takes me less time for every hat I do, the last one (^) only took me 12 hours (haha only...

The tutorial for this tiny top hat
will probably be posted soon as well, I shot the tutorial a while ago, but I didn't get around to posting/finishing the hat (I may have missed the final construction shots for this though - for the top circle and ribbon/feather detail)

I also was hired to make this pair of what I have dubbed EarMuffins, despite the fact that they are cupcakes














They are transferring ownership in the next couple weeks, and I may redo the cherries before then, because they stick out just a little too much.

As for the Plum Rose dress I promised, I've got my fabric picked out, I've been reading the specs to make sure that the dress I make will have the same give as the ModCloth one does, but mine will be in blues, because that's what I have on hand.

I do apologize for not posting as often as I'd like, but this does give whoever is or will follow the modcloth series, ample time to create the 4 blocks that I did, and tweak anything necessary.

-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment