This post will be focusing on Skye's Doll costume for Halloween. It started out with a pink and green gradient fabric that we picked up at fabric land, it looked really cool. so I took that and we decided to do a pink to green fade from top to bottom, meaning that the top half is the pink and the bottom half is tiers of green
with a large sash tied in a bow at the back.
I put 8 self covered buttons
(i used pink shank buttons with fabric circles gathered around it because it was cheaper than buying covered button kits, and I could make the buttons match the dress. the bottom has a scalloped hem,
which was my first attempt at scallops, and I under estimated exactly how much rounded sewing, cutting and ironing there would be.
I added some decorative stitching to the sleeves, which I tried to make a poofy as possible
as per request by my lovely sister. (unfortunately you can't see the poofy-ness here)
There was an obnoxious collar that was added as well, I practically freehanded the draft and cutting of that, I laid the front bodice on some pink fabric, traced the neckline, and freehanded the collar shape after that. I finished all the inner seams with my pinking shears. the bodice was made using the Simplicity 9001 pattern that I got ages ago, and the size we used was a child's 14, so I added a total of 5 inches to the entire pattern to accommodate my sister not being the size of a child.