Blog Archive

Friday, July 1, 2011

Q: What Does a Crafty Insomniac Do?

A: Something productive.

For the past few years I haven't been able to sleep well at nights,  I can't tell if it was the caffeine binge I went on in the second half of 2007, or if it's messed up sleep patterns from all-nighters pulled for projects in high school and "sleep"overs where we never really slept.  I got into the habit of trying to do something productive at night until I was tired enough to pass out.  I have done knitting in bed while watching movies on my laptop, writing a journal to try to help me fall asleep, and even sewing at all hours of the night.  One of my first midnight project was a tutu that didn't really turn out all that well.  I made it in the 10th grade out of some cheap fabric wrapping material that my mom had bought.  It was purple and had easter eggs all over it.
Although you can't see it all that well, the "fabric" is questionable, it had a red waistband that was terrible, it didn't gather as much as I had wanted it too, and the drape of the material was nonexistent.  Needless to say, this project was a fail of epic proportions in my book, I wore it once, and then it went into the garbage.

Using this pattern
I'm hoping to turn this lovely lycra or spandex (not too sure of the material, could be a polyester knit... getting sidetracked...) into a bathing suit. it cost me about $1.50 in the remnants bin at my local Fabricland, and I couldn't pass it up.  I'll keep you posted on how this all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment